Friday 5 September 2008

Storage

I bought my first batch of paracord about 2 years ago. I got about 7 colours, all in 100ft lengths. When they arrived, I quickly realised I had a problem. Each colour was coiled loosely in its own bag and once I started to use it, it quickly became tangled and unwieldy. So I had to think of a way to store all of this cord. I got some copper pipe, the type used in plumbing. Its about 14mm or 1/2 inch in diameter. Believe it or not its exactly the same size as the hole in the middle of a CD. I slipped several old CD's that were going to be thrown away, onto the pipe to create several sections, one for each colour and voila. Purpose built paracord storage! My wife kindly provided the clips that hold the end of each colour to the nearest CD. I no longer have any problems with cord getting tangled. I just reel off as much as I need. Ideally, I would have it fitted into the top of a cupboard but I don't have one with room so for now the whole thing slips in between two wardrobes.

I'm getting a bit low on supplies,
but I've got 10 new colours coming anytime soon.

No comments:

Bight - any curved section, slack part, or loop between the two ends of a rope, string, or yarn.