Friday 5 September 2008

Intro

I've been interested in Knots for a number of years now but it wasn't until I saw what others on the Internet were doing, that I really started to take it seriously. Not so much for their practical use but decoratively.

Also recently, my children both became interested in something called Scoubidoo's. They're similar to Boondoggle. Anyway, in the process of helping the children to learn the various knotting techniques used, I learnt to do them myself and wondered how the various projects would look if tied with other materials. I have tried with various ropes, both natural fibres and synthetic or nylon but have had the most success with paracord.

I find paracord very easy to work with, my hands don't hurt after long periods of knot tying like they do with some natural fibres and I get a tremendous sense of achievment when I sit back and look at the end result.

Some will by now be saying, "Not another paracord blog!". Well, yes some terrific work is already being done by the likes of Stormdrane, Tripwire3 and The Paracorder and I don't intend to compete with them. I'd just like to show off some of my work and present it with a view in the UK.

No comments:

Bight - any curved section, slack part, or loop between the two ends of a rope, string, or yarn.