Tuesday, 21 October 2008
I spotted these S-Biners in a local hobby shop and my wife picked some up for me while my back was turned. They have http://www.niteize.com printed on them. That website has some really cool stuff. If only I had more pocket money.... I also recently bought some metal beads that fit over doubled paracord and I thought I'd put it all together and try and produce something useful but attractive. I think they work really well.
Monday, 29 September 2008
I thought it might be nice to do a batch of monkey fist key rings in all of the new colours I have. I think they look rather nice. I've put them in the same order as in the picture of the cord a couple of posts back. Each one uses about 1.5 metres of cord. You can get these down to around 20 minutes a piece once you get rolling. I wonder if my son will notice 10 marbles missing....
Saturday, 27 September 2008
I made this braid spool last year. I've not used it yet as I haven't taken the time to learn how to do it. I'll get around to it some time though. For now it makes a good ornament. I'm not sure my wife would agree. I made it from a section of windfall branch I found. A Turk's Head in black paracord goes around it. I used a fid and white 1mm cord to highlight it. I think it really brings out the flow of it.
Friday, 26 September 2008
The nights are drawing in now in the UK and pretty soon it's going to be dark when my wife and I get home from work. We live in a very rural location with no streetlights so I got this torch for my wife and decorated it suitably. It's an extremely bright LED torch with a push button on the end. Now she can get safely from the car to the house. She seems pleased with it. 2mm purple cord with different coloured flecks in it, in a 16L 3B TH. A bit of purple suede thong and a green bead, to go around the wrist, finishes it off.
I've finally got round to starting on my new cord. Just a couple of quick ones I ran off while watching the TV. A Monkey's Fist with Cobra running down from the split ring. This colour is called Camo. The red, white and blue one is a Twist with 3 different cords.
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
I mentioned this in a previous post when it was in the prototype phase but I have now completed one. A 3" length of wooden dowel, tapered at one end with a hole drilled through for the split ring. Continuous hitching in the middle and a Turk's Head at each end.
I forgot to put something in the photo for scale but to give you an idea, the dowel is 8mm or 5/16ths of an inch thick.